Once and Future Projects In no Particular Order--Dabbling in 1:1, 1:6 and 1:9 scale

  • Link from the Legend of Zelda
  • 1:9 President of the Assembly
  • 1:6 complete Burke
  • 1:6 Nova--rehair Mego Wonder Woman
  • 1:9 Dr. Galen
  • 1:9 Current WIP: Market Tents, Zira mold/cast, lab scene
  • 1:6 Dr. Zaius boots and gorilla boots
  • 1:6 and 1:9 Dr. Zaius Riding Outfit (from Beneath)
  • Gorilla Soldier Net
  • Escape Zira-astronaut suit
  • Escape Zira-better fitting swing jacket
  • 1:9 Escape Cornelius: houndstooth suit
  • 1:6 and 1:9 Dr. Honorius
  • 1:6 and 1:9 Dr. Maximus
  • 1:6 and 1:9 Sleeveless Julius
  • Conquest Jumpsuits: green & red

Monday, November 24, 2008

Weaving of the chimp inner sleeves

The sweater I was going to cut up is too light, as evidenced from this photograph of Kim Hunter:
Photobucket

So I improvised a loom with some prefabricated frames I purchased at Michael's. There was a selection of various sizes, and I went with 18 inches because I am only weaving the sleeves. The neck covering I will knit up.

I first started by wrapping my yarn neatly around the frame. Any sturdy frame would do I suppose....
Photobucket

Dylan took this photo of me weaving on the floor:
Photobucket

After a few hours, I have the beginnings of fabric that I could use for my costume:
Photobucket